Re: nvserverd hangs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvserverd hangs
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:45:18 -0400
Is the TEC up all the time while you experience this problem?  If not, then you
may have to shut nvserverd down and restart him.  And if you do not have a
ServerPort listed in the tecint.conf file, you could tray that.  You see, the
nvserverd that you have is linked with EIF libraries from TEC 2.5.1.  NetView
5.1.1 uses TEC 2.6 and  5.1.2 uses TEC 3.1, which fixes a lot of problems that
occur when the TEC goes away or stops responding.  nvserverd attempts to make
contact on every send of an event, which is a library function TEC provides.

You can check to see if the /etc/Tivoli/cache file is growing when you have this
problem.  If it is, then nvserverd is having difficulty contact the TEC.

And I posted how to get 5.1.2 on Friday -- you send a note to swdist@tivoli.com
with your customer number (the same one you used to order NetView or your
current maintenance contract for it), the mailing address, the contact person's
name and telephone number.   It will be automatically shipped to all customers
with a current maintenance contract.  If you don't have one, they will respond
with a note telling you how to obtain one.  This is the same procedure to get
5.1.1 if you don't have it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM> on 09/14/99 06:39:35 PM