Re: Netview and ARS (Remedy) integration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview and ARS (Remedy) integration
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 01:01:06 +0200
Hi, Gurjit;
I did this integration once. However, I did not use arnvd but simply used an
ovactiond action that he performed after he had received a trap that the
customer
wanted to have entered into the ARS database. NV was then at 4.1 and ARS at 3.0.
And it worked.
So I defined an action for ovactiond. The action was a shell script running
aruser
taking its arguments from the varbind, $1, $2, $3 I think (it's 2 years ago).
These
variable values were submitted through aruser to the database as field
values.You
must take into account that a field that must have a value gets it from the
trap or
define a constant for the field. Otherwise, submission will fail.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.