Re: ovwdb daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovwdb daemon
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:03:35 -0400

Well, if you have a core then I suggest a call to Support as I did before.

As I tried to explain the ovw command fails with the "cannot connect to
database" because the ovwdb daemon is not running.  Until he is running and
ovtopmd is running, ovw will fail.   The netview command, on the other hand,
will start these daemons, if they can be started, when you run it from the
command line as root.

The database command  ovtopofix  does require that ovwdb and ovtopmd be running.
These are the daemons which will carry out the command.

So what you are saying is that if you clear your databases and start over, then
you can get the GUI up. But then as soon as try to reboot the box, you get this
problem and have to clear them again?   Did you try formatting the nettl logs as
I suggested?  There may be a clue in there.

In any case, I suggest a call to Support so you can get personalized help.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

fabiana@telesc.com.br on 10/25/99 01:29:59 PM