Re: ovwdb daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovwdb daemon
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:12:41 -0400
Don't be too hard on yourself!  It is an easy situation to get into, lots of
people do it, and (fortunately) there is a simple fix.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Stefano Franchini <Stefano_Franchini@GIDI.IT> on 10/27/99 02:55:45 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Subject:  Oggetto: Re: Oggetto: Re: ovwdb daemon

Thanks, it solved the problem. I have been very stupid because I had set my
NetView Server
under DNS and it had changed the hostname adding the domain name.
Regards.

You will need to do /usr/OV/service/reset_ci  and then you can change the
options.  Something about your NetView environment has changed so that ovors
doesn't think you are on the same hostname/ip address on which NetView was
installed.

Stefano Franchini <Stefano_Franchini@GIDI.IT> on 10/26/99 02:47:31 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>