Re: netview & HACMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview & HACMP
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:59:47 -0400
I am surprsied that other users have not responded, but the NetView V5.1 Release
Notes (Appendix A3) say very clearly that the entire /usr/OV filesystem should
be on the shared media.    I know this was tested (though not by me) and we
would have had to change the doc had it not worked.

To answer the question I think you are asking, NetView's databases are in
/usr/OV/databases/openview but much of the config data he needs to start is in
/usr/OV/conf and you will also need /sur/OV/registration to start the GUI.  So
the entire /usr/OV filesystem must be shared.    As it says in the release
notes:

1. Put /usr/OV on the fail-safe filesystem
2. Have both IP Address and MAC Address takeover
3. Install TME 10NetView on both machines with the hotsname set to the one
corresponding to the shared IP address

Then it gives you the scripts to run

Have you tried the procedure in the release notes and found that it doesn't
work?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bertram Chang <bertram.chang@BMO.COM> on 10/27/99 01:12:34 PM