Re: Netview to CiscoWorks 2000 integration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview to CiscoWorks 2000 integration
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:43:49 +0000
Please see my inserted comments...

Indy wrote:

> Thanks alot. This info has been incredibly helpful to me. One question
> though. I gather that you have NV on AIX and C2k on a Solaris?

Correct

> I was told
> they both had to be on the same box...but you are saying that is not the
> case.

Correct - I heard the same but the code is obviously designed now to run on
separate systems - I think this has only become the case VERY recently with the
new Integration Utility code from the ftp site that Ken & Michael found (see
other appends).

> Also, I was told C2k has to be installed AFTER NV in order for NV to
> pick it up via the integration. Did you install C2k after NV or was it
> already on your system?

As you say above, NV and CW are on separate systems.  When you install CW it
asks whether you also want to install  CW including the Integration Utility or
just the Integration Utility on its own - I chose the former but as I didn't
have NetView on the CW box, obviously no Integration was done.  My understanding
is that if I HAD had NV there already, the integration with NV would have been
done as part of the CW install - but I still have the option to integrate at a
later stage if I wish to.

> Thanks alot for all your detail. You've solved a big headache of mine.

One update on my integration - I seem to have lost my executable icons on
routers - they are still the new, customised bitmaps but not executable.  This
isn't the end of the world as you can simply select a router and then pick
CiscoView off the CiscoWorks menu, but I am intrigued.....

Anyone else seen this?