RE: Problems using NetView 6.0 for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Problems using NetView 6.0 for Unix
From: "Fendrick, Gib (CC-Platform Dev)" <Gib.Fendrick@conagra.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:26:24 -0500
We are still on NetView 5.1.1, so I have no experience with the v6.0 Web
interface.

I don't know if you are a new NetView installation or upgraded from V5, but
our experience on NetView V5 is if you have large IP Route tables in your
routers AND the Number of Router Entries in your SNMP Configuration is set
large (> a few hundred), it can take awhile for the demand poll to complete.
You can tell if this is the cause if the Demand Poll results window is
setting on Get IP Address Table.

In the NetView class, we were told to set this value at 100-200.  But the
instructor couldn't explain what the impact was when this number was low and
in reality you had large route tables.  Maybe someone out there knows if or
how this impacts NetView's operation?

Gib Fendrick
ConAgra, Inc.