RE: Netview for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview for NT
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:12:37 -0400

value_info.pag is part of the object database.  It is where the object data is
kept.  It's companion piece is value_info.dir, which is the index to that data.
Messing with either outside of NetView means you are destroying your object
database.  But if you want to do that, then you should do it using the GUI
(Server Setup -> Databases  Then pull down the tab and clear databases).

Larry, I don't know what precipitated your problem but what you are saying is
that your object database grew outrageously all of a sudden and now you have a
problem in that whatever is in it is bad, because ovtopmd cores trying to read
it.  You really need to contact Support about this.   Did you make sudden new
changes to the seedfile?

You can try ovtopofix  (Repair topology under Tasks)  or you can clear the
databases and start over.  But there is nothing you can do to prevent this
problem unless you call Support and let them help you understand what has caused
it.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT