Re: Fwd: [RE: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: [RE: Forwarding events from Netview to TEC]
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:57:32 -0600
        Thanks for the Port info. I am using AIX 4.3.2 so no port info was
needed. Is there a way to see if the event has been processed by NetView and
sent out? I looked at the cache file in /etc/Tivoli/tec and there were no
new entries and the file size is the same. Should I see the events from
NetView appear on the TEC server when running the wtdumper command even if
the TEC server hasn't been configured to receive events from NetView yet? I
am using the forwardall.rs just to see id the forwarding is working and I am
not sure if the events are even leaving the NetView server. There is
connictivity between the two servers (verified by ping in NetView). I have
enabled forwarding to TEC in Server Setup. Is there a step I am missing?

        Scott Bursik

        James_Shanks@tivoli.com
        11/27/2000 12:18 PM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange