Re: ovtopmd does not start (exit code 255)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd does not start (exit code 255)
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:22:54 -0500
Actually, the 255 is the complement of -1, which is the UNIX return code
you get when some library you are trying to load cannot be found.
Here it means you did not source the Tivoli environment before you did
ovstart.  You must have established the proper environment first.
You will need to ovstop nvsecd (which stops all other daemons too),  then
you should start then either by issuing /etc/netnmrc or by sourcing the
Tivoli environment:
" .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh  " before you issue the first ovstart.

This information has been posted on the list many times.  I am sure you
could have found it by a search and saved yourself some time in getting
this answer.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT