Re: Web Client required to be Read Only

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Client required to be Read Only
From: "Sarah Romeis" <sromeis@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:53:00 -0500
Leslie,
I have heard the web client allows for MIB browsing of devices regardless
of the three types of accounts that can be set. I do not want the ability
of someone to browse MIBs of devices appearing on any map, I kind of view
this as a "write" type of activity.  Is there a way to turn this ability
off using webclient?  Thank you, I am interested in your comments.

Sarah  Romeis
Network Management/Application Support
IBM Global Services 1630 Long Pond Rd Rochester, NY 14626
Internet: sromeis@us.ibm.com
Lotus Notes: IBMUSM10(SROMEIS)
Voice: (716) 723-4354  Fax:(716) 723-4299

   "A team exists only when a player understands how his actions affect
others."   - Vince Lombardi

Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS@tkg.com on 02/21/2001 09:25:28 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com