RE: Web Client required to be Read Only

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Web Client required to be Read Only
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:24:00 -0500
The explore_xxxx files are created for each GUI that is started so if you
restart NetView then yes it will create another explore_xxxx file when the
GUI comes up. After the GUI has started, then delete the explore_xxxx file
and see if you can select it as a map for the Web Client to use.
During my "small" test, I started two GUIs and thus two explore_xxxx files
were created. I deleted the explore_xxxx file associated with the
read-write GUI and this left me with only the Read-only map for the Web
Client to use.
These explore_xxxx files will be removed when the GUIs are exited.

I think Leslie Clarke best answered Cliff's original question and thus the
above is probably redundant.

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

Amir Taghavi <Amir.Taghavi@wcom.com>@tkg.com on 02/21/2001 11:46:51 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com