RE: Ruleset Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Ruleset Question
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:13:09 -0600
We use a ruleset that has node down trapd to input 1 on a Reset On Match.
Input 2 on the Reset on Match has a node up trap as the resetting event. The
Reset on Match uses the Origin for comparison. Delay time is set to 5
minutes.

I test it by using the following script. The sleep is a little more than 5
minutes. It seems to work but I'd like to see other examples myself.

/usr/OV/bin/nv6000_smit run_event -n'1' -e'AA_EV' -h'tnvcorp02' -s'N' \
        -d'SIMULATE BLAH DOWN FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTE(S). A PAGE SHOULD
OCCUR.'
/usr/OV/bin/nv6000_smit run_event -n'1' -e'NDWN_EV' -h'blah.blah.com' -s'N'
-d'This is a test.'
sleep 303
/usr/OV/bin/nv6000_smit run_event -n'1' -e'NUP_EV' -h'blah.blah.com' -s'N'
-d'This is a test.'

Ray.