Cisco MIBs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco MIBs
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:15:50 -0500
Okay, this message is primarily for James.

We had a conversation a while back on Cisco MIBs and which ones to load etc.

I am about to upgrade my servers to Solaris 2.8 and I am starting fresh. I
need to load MIBs to support the following Cisco devices:

Cisco 7200
Cisco 4000
Cisco 3620/40
Cisco 25xx
Cisco 65xx (switch)
Cisco 55xx (switch)
Cisco 2948 (switch)
Cisco 35xx (switch)
Cisco "probe" (for use with Traffic Director)
Cisco Pix 520 Firewalls

I would like to load "everything" I might need. Where would you believe to
be the minimum / maximum set of MIBs to be loaded or if you haven't the time
to answer that, what methodology (re: puny brain process) could I apply to
make rational decisions about which MIBs to load?

Scott Barr
Network Systems Engineer
CSG Systems
Phone: 402-431-7939