Re: snmp setup (traps, mib files, snmpv1/v2, mib2trap)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp setup (traps, mib files, snmpv1/v2, mib2trap)
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:42:44 -0400
>>BTW...does anyone know where my coworkers would've gotten this notion
of snmpv1 compatibility only with mib2trap?

i.e. at what vresion did mib2trap start support smiv2 mib files?

mib2trap has supported NOTIFICATION-TYPE statements since 5.1.2.  Several
other issues were fixed in that release.  Generally speaking it has been
updated every time.  I guess people don't read the Release Notes much.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software