RE: -- More -- RE: Facilitating discovery of IP Objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: -- More -- RE: Facilitating discovery of IP Objects
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:24:17 -0400
Stephen,

It looks like I am not explaining myself properly.

Under 'SNMP Configuration' you can set polling intervals for nodes.  We are
using the "IP Address Wildcards" scheme along the lines of "172.16.1-254.*"
with polling interval of "8y".  Please understand I am not saying this is
the best solution.  I am saying this is my situation and what do I need to
understand to troubleshoot my problem of these nodes not being discovered?
Autodiscovery is on.  I am in the process of getting time to reproduce the
problem in the development lab to prove this is the problem.  Then I need to
determine what line I should take on how to trouble-shoot this problem in
the NOC if is not as simple as the polling of that device.

Thanks again,
Jason