Good news from the home front!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Good news from the home front!
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:39:35 -0500
Greetings.

Quite often folks use this forum to bring up their numerous issues (some
real some percieved) with NetView. Well, I am posting today with TWO good
pieces of news.

FIRST of all, and probably most important, NETMON HAS RUN PERFECTLY FOR OVER
A WEEK! WOOHOO! NEW WORLDS RECORD!

Our problems with NETMON included failing SNMP status polls (they were being
sent to the wrong interface), AUTHENTICATION FAILURES (NETMON sending out
wrong community strings) and CORES (due to discovery of "goofy" devices.
But, I can safely say, WE ARE FIXED!

Hats off to a couple of folks in support:

Paul Stroud
Roy Kleber
Lynne Bird
Mike Pearson

All of them had to endure *ME* calling them for months until we got it
fixed. I would thank the person who fixed the code but I don't know who they
are.

 SECOND - Todd and I attended the NetView administrators class in Chicago.
And I have to tell you, the instructor (who we affectionately call Bubba at
his request) was excellent. (His name is Charlie - ctwo@us.ibm.com
<mailto:ctwo@us.ibm.com> ). He knows his stuff and despite being from Texas
was quite friendly. On a side note, the curriculum of the class was
insufficient, but that is another matter. We had some good expertise in the
class and enough time to venture into places the book didn't cover.

Scott Barr
Network Systems Engineer
CSG Systems
Phone: 402-431-7939
Fax: 402-431-7413
Email:  <mailto:Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com> Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com

[...]

 SECOND - Todd and I attended the NetView administrators class in Chicago. And I have to tell you, the instructor (who we affectionately call Bubba at his request) was excellent. (His name is Charlie - ctwo@us.ibm.com). He knows his stuff and despite being from Texas was quite friendly. On a side note, the curriculum of the class was insufficient, but that is another matter. We had some good expertise in the class and enough time to venture into places the book didn't cover.

Scott Barr
Network Systems Engineer
CSG Systems
Phone: 402-431-7939