RE: [NV] NetView Version 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [NV] NetView Version 7.1
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:35:09 -0400
Thanks for the insight Craig
I have an inquiry going on right now because according to the announcement
letter I have in my hand, shipments will not begin until after the GA
date.  But if you have received GA code, by whatever means, then you
should be able to call Support and get help on it.  They are all still
getting trained on the new features in it, this week and next, but the
problem reporting system should already be in place to handle calls about
7.1.

So my apologies to Bill McCarter, if he, like you, was not part of the
Beta program and still got the code.  I have an official document which
says that is not possible, but I am willing to be proven wrong.  Looks
like I have been.  So go ahead and install.  Level 2 Support should be
ready to help if you have a problem.  If we are shipping it, then we are
supporting it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software
IBM Software Group
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/17/2001 03:08 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion