Re: tecad_nv6k starts with EIF error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tecad_nv6k starts with EIF error
From: Jared.Brennan@siriuscom.com
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:07:45 -0600
Make sure you have a C:\TEMP directory.  The tecad_nv6k executable for
6.0.2 and 7.1 seems to have been compiled with some debugging code that
writes to a file C:\TEMP\TECAD_HPOV.LOG - and the tecad_nv6k will crash
instantly if the C:\TEMP directory does not exist.  Maybe true for 6.0.1 as
well.

You need to specify the ServerPort in tecad_nv6k.conf.  ServerPort=5529 for
TEC on NT.

I agree with Bernard, all of our testing indicates that the
tecad_nv6k_tme.exe simply doesn't work, and tecad_nv6k_non_tme.exe DOES
work, as long as you have the C:\TEMP directory, specify
ServerLocation=hostname or IP, and ServerPort=5529.

- Jared
--
Jared Brennan
Senior Technical Consultant

                    Eliza Chi

                    <elizachi728@y       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    ahoo.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: [NV-L] tecad_nv6k
starts with EIF error
                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    12/21/2001

                    05:30 PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Bernard,

James Shanks suggested to upgrade to NV6.0.3 should
fix this problem.  Before I receive the CD from
Tivoli, I would like to take your advice.  This
afternoon, I switched TME tecad_nv6k to a NON TME
tecad_nv6k.  tecad_nv6k is running but I got a
different error:

 MAJOR: TECIO  , err 01, ibtecad/tec_io.c line 0287: E
vent could not be sent properly

What Netview version are you running? NT or UNIX? Have
you seen this error before?

Thanks for your advise.

Eli