[nv-l] Root Authority

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Root Authority
From: Herman.E.Caballero@Lowes.Com
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:04:51 -0400

I'm curious as to how Netview Administrators under AIX managed to Install/Configure Netview without Root Authority.  Is there anyone out there that performs these duties but have to rely on AIX administrator to perform Netview Administrator functions.

I'm told from the AIX group that I can't have Root Authority to the Netview Box.  Mainly, because it could accidentally bring other systems down.

Please give me some feedback as how you manage your Netview box, without this Root Authority.

Thank you in advance,

Herman E. Caballero

Communications Services

(336) 658-4147