RE: [nv-l] Root Authority

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Root Authority
From: bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:51:51 +0200
Herman,

You must have root authority to administer your Netview.
I'm not a member of the Unix team here, but I have the Netview box root's
password.   I just use it for Netview purposes.   As far as pure AIX is
concerned, then the Unix team do the job.

I don't really understand why having the Netview box root's password could
'accidentally bring other systems down'.   As long as you work on your  own box
and not on the others, I can't see any problem.

Regards,
Bernard Baudoux
Fortis Banque.

This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
immediately and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
incomplete, or contain viruses.
The sender therefore is in no way liable for any errors or omissions in the
content of this message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required, please request a hard copy.

<<application/ms-tnef>>