Re: [nv-l] AIX vs. Solaris

Subject: Re: [nv-l] AIX vs. Solaris
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:29:05 +0100
My ten pennorth would be similar to Scott's reasons but I would
definitely advocate AIX.  In 10 years, I would say that 80% of the
installations I have worked on have been AIX.  As Scott says, what gets
used most, gets debugged best.

Although the Solaris SEA agent is a pain, you can make NetView work with
the net-snmp agent and that seems much better.   I would also echo
Scott's point that says stick with what you have sys admin skills in.
The benefits of running NetView on AIX are outweighed if all your
sysadmin skills revolve around Solaris.

Cheers,
Jane
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565