Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 30 Jul 2002 09:40:38 -0500
"Gow Kevin (KTSO 4)" <kevin.gow@csfs.com> writes:
> Now NetView 7.1.2 can run on the Intel platform
> under Linux.
>
> Won't this be a more cost effective solution?
> What will I be losing by using the Linux version
> of 7.1.2? Is there a reason to stay on AIX?

I'm curious on the feature aspect.   The web pages don't seem to go
into any detail on it.   I recall some discussion of certain apsects
of NetView that aren't part of the Linux offering.

Can anyone recap those?   Or am I mistaken?

There is no MLM  under linux if I recall correctly.  But I think there
were other things.   TIA for anyone who can shed light.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/