Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView on Intel/Linux vs RISC/AIX
From: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:10:47 -0400
>From the 7.11/ 7.1.2 Release Notes under Product Notes:

5.The following functionality has not been included in the Linux Intel
platform release of Tivoli NetView for UNIX Version 7.1.1.

        a.Agent Policy Manager (APM), C5eui, and MLM (Linux will have
limited support for remote MLM configuration).

        b.Tralertd and Spappld (the preferred method is to use MSM/IP and
trap forwarding).

        c.MLM.

        d.Native Client Support (the Java Console is replacing the native
client mechanism).

        e.XMP API support (for CMIP and CMOT applications)

        f.RIM Database Support (there will be no support for TME RIM).

        g.TME Installation (Linux installation will always be Framework
independent).

        h.Tivoli Integration Pack for NetView (TIPN supports integration
with TME Framework components).

        i.Backup Manager.

        j.Cisco Integration Adapters (The Cisco integration utility is not
currently supported on Linux).

For 7.1.2 the Cisco Integration Utility IS supported -- item j is removed
from the list.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
07/30/2002 10:40 AM
Please respond to nv-l