Re: [nv-l] Trying to upgrade to 7.1.3

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Trying to upgrade to 7.1.3
From: George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:19:45 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:25:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

If you tail -f the /tmp/update.log, you can see when you are running one of the many customize (or other types) scripts.
You can then use the ps command to find it, and its pid.  You can then follow the pid chain to see what other commands
may be children of the, in this case, customize script.  You may be able to figure out what is wrong, if anything.  If you are looping
at least you can report what you are looping on and we can focus on that.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC102
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

919-254-2259 (T/L 444)  Fax: 919-543-7936 (T/L 441)

E-Mail:  desocio@us.ibm.com

Expand your Tivoli product knowledge by participating in Support Technical Exchange:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/supp_tech_exch.html

James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/21/2003 10:07 AM