Re: [nv-l] Ruleset editor?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ruleset editor?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:13:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:22:49 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Actually what you want to do is this:
Start with an  Event Stream (set to block) and connect that two TrapSettings, one  for the NetView enterprise and 5891671 Router Down, and the other for the NetView enterprise  and 5891673 Router Up) and then both of those to a Reset-on-Match with a 5 minute timer.  The Router Down trap is Input 1 to the Reset, Router Up is Input 2, and the attribute you are matching on is Attribute 2, or hostname.   Out of the Reset, you connect a Forward.

The result, when a Router Down comes in, it will pass the Trap Setting and be delivered to the Reset-on-Match.  It will be held there for 5 minutes and then passed on to the Forward, unless a Router Up, with the same hostname arrives within that time period.  Then the Router Down will be discarded and you won't see it in the Event Window.  The Router Up will always be discarded, too, since it is just used as a match criterion, unless you connect it to the Forward Node as well.

Got it?

Now follow Leslie's advice and read the old redbook too.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Tom Hallberg <gimli@hhcrew.tk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/12/2003 07:16 AM