[nv-l] Ruleset editor for Windows?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Ruleset editor for Windows?
From: CMazon@commercebankfl.com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:52:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:57:20 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Netview 7.1.4 Windows 2000

Is there a guide to manually write a ruleset for windows? I know there is no rule set editor for windows and we do not have the resources to set up a Unix flavor of the product.  I would like to understand the variables in the file and how they are set in the file itself so that I may be able to create some simple rulesets for our needs.

Is the ruleset editor available in Netview for Linux, I may be able to run a virtual PC with Linux and set that up just for that purpose.

Thanks.

Carlos.