Re: [nv-l] SNMP status polling

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP status polling
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:17:49 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:27:30 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
NetView (netmon) will check again for SNMP support every config poll
(usually 24 hour interval)
or if you manually execute a demand poll.

Kind regards

Oliver

|         |           igastelu@unm.edu |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           07.01.2004 22:47 |
|         |           nv-l             |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] SNMP status polling

  Hi list, I am running NV 7.1.3 for NT, in the Polling options I have
Set SNMP default option to poll for status(5 min).
  In this list I have read (Leslie Clark) that when a node does not
support SNMP, the status polling uses ICMP code get address mask (if
already up) or ICMP echo request(if down).
  My question is how often will NV try to do an SNMP get to this node,
is it in the node configuration polling (every 24 hours)?
  I have poll to discover new nodes every 5 min.

Thanks for your help