RE: [nv-l] SNMP status polling

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMP status polling
From: "Federico Vidal" <fvidal@tecsystem.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:54:06 -0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:47:49 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi, besides Netview's Status Polling (defualt 5m), Configuration polling (24
hours), there's another type of polling and it is the discovery polling. This
one occurs initially after 2 hours, but then it self adjusts depending the
amount of changes done recently to the network topology. For example, if it
detects many changes, polling interval is shorter; in the same manner, if
changes are rare, polling interval is larger.

Regards

Federico Vidal
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
Tecsystem S.R.L.