RE: [nv-l] SNMP status polling

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMP status polling
From: "Federico Vidal" <fvidal@tecsystem.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:39:07 -0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:31:52 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
1) Yes, if you specifiy "Fixed Polling Interval" at five minutes, it will be
done more often than if you let NV do it automatically. Take into account that
generally you don't need such a short time interval for discovery polling,
especially with a great number of nodes. Think of the impact to the network or
NV.

2) Yes, as far as I know, those two places is where NV finds about new IP
addresses to discover.

3) Yes, absolutely.

regards,

Federico Vidal