[nv-l] nvserverd event in TEC

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] nvserverd event in TEC
From: <westphal2002@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:44:21 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:58:34 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello Everyone.
NetView 7.1.3 on AIX 5.2 ML2

I recently was paged at 1am for a nvserverd "Fatal" event that showed up in TEC
for an UNKNOWN server. The Tivoli admin checked his reception log and confirmed
the event was received by the TMR with the host UNKNOWN and the IP address
0.0.0.0. Does nvserverd bind to a server IP address and is there a way to
determine the IP address? I think this is related to installing a new interface
on the NetView server.

"wping", "odadmin odlist", "wlookup" and other Tivoli commands all seem to work
correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car