Re: [nv-l] SNMP Community Strings

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP Community Strings
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:58:55 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:41:54 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Have you tried looking in the netmon trace file?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@enterpriseinnovations.com>"Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@enterpriseinnovations.com>

          "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@enterpriseinnovations.com>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          06/23/04 02:42 PM
          Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

cc

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Subject

[nv-l] SNMP Community Strings

Greetings all. Is there a limit to the way NetView handles the ro/rw
commuity strings under "SNMP Configuration" setup? For example, I have
the following Read-Only community string:

FtFF&^ddd7&frgt

When I issue an snmpwalk from the command line as follows:

snmpwalk -c FtFF\&\^ddd7\&frgt HOSTNAME

This works just fine. I've tried adding the escape slashes to the "SNMP
Configuration" setup and am still not having any luck.

Any ideas?

--
Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen