[nv-l] Iintegration of HECL DirecWAY with Tivoli Netview

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Iintegration of HECL DirecWAY with Tivoli Netview
From: "anand anupam" <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:05:33 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:17:24 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello Everybody,

We are having Tivoli NetView(7.1.3) on AIX 4.3.3.

Recently we installed HECL DirecWAY to monitor our VSATs (DPUs). These
VSATs(DPUs) are SNMP compliant but can not by pass HECL DirecWAY NMS. This
NMS(DirecWAY ) has been installed on HP platform and is collected information
about the status of VSATs(DPU).

Now, we wanted to integrate DirecWAY with our Tivoli NetView.

This NMs(DirecWAY) is also configured to send traps to NetView server. But we
are not getting these traps in trapd.log.

Ideally, we wanted these traps on TEC so that we can execute some TEC rules as
per our requirement.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Regards,
Anupam