Re: [nv-l] How to permanently set nodes to unmanged state

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to permanently set nodes to unmanged state
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 07:09:54 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2005 12:11:29 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Glen,
Why discover them in the first place?

Paul

Glen Warn wrote:

I have several remote access subnets (a few dial, some vpn) where remote users are allocated DHCP addresses. I do not want to manage these nodes and set them to unmanaged - but Netview keeps setting them back to managed (and inevitably changes their state to down) - I suspect because it detects the connection as new (different MAC address perhaps) even though the IPs are the same. Is there way to permanently set a block of addresses to unmanaged? Netview 7.1.4 Thanks for your time,
Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
glen.warn@pemcocorp.com <mailto:glen.warn@pemcocorp.com>
206-628-5770