[nv-l] SNMP v2c/v3 Support

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP v2c/v3 Support
From: "Bigarani, Matthew \(Matt\)" <bigarani@avaya.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:22:58 -0700
Cc: "Innes, Russell \(Russ\)" <rinnes@avaya.com>, "Mccarty, William \(Bill\)" <mccarty@avaya.com>
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:23:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

I'm trying to verify that NetView can receive SNMP traps sent by our
system. v1 traps always come up in the event viewer, but I've been
unable to get NetView to catch any v2c traps. I'm running NetView 7.1.4
on Windows XP Pro v2002 w/ SP1, and I have applied NetView FixPack 3.

I read through the list archives and saw it mentioned that 7.1.4 would
support v2 traps when FixPack 2 was applied
(http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/2004-08/msg00113.html),
am I wrong to assume that FixPack 3 includes the changes in FixPack 2?
Is anyone aware of other config steps that need to be taken to receive
v2c traps?

Does anyone have any experience with the SNMPv3 front-end mentioned in
this thread?
http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/2004-01/msg00340.html
http://www.snmp.com/products/snmpsecpack.html

Thanks in advance,