Re: [nv-l] trapd.conf user entries

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] trapd.conf user entries
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:33:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:34:44 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Mario,

I haven't been into the code for nvaddtrapdconf.  If you want to report a
problem with it, you'll have to open a PMR.  Without looking at the code,
and the two trapd.conf files you are trying to merge, I couldn't say what
the issue is, or why you had this difficulty.  And that would have to be
assigned to me by someone in Support in response to a PMR.

I'm only offering advice here on how you might get around the problem you
reported. If that doesn't work, or if you want someone to get to the bottom
of your difficulty, then you'll have to open a problem.

Good luck with your merging,

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] trapd.conf user entries
             07/20/2005 09:17
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

James...shouldn´t these new categories be added to the new trapd.conf
through the nvaddtrapdconf command ?

I did use the command to merge the trapd files from another NV server to
the new one, there were several new categories there for mainframe events,
and the merging process executed without any errors or warnings...

Thanks.

Mario