Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:21:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:22:12 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, I don't work on netmon, so there is not much I can add to this
discussion, but I can say for certain IY56323 does not have a Windows track
associated with it.  Code was fixed in UNIX but not in Windows, unless
there was a separate item for that.  And I wouldn't know whether there was
or not, since I wasn't involved with it.

My suggestion is that one of you call Support, and tell them that you
cannot get it NMAVAILABILITY to work on Windows, and point them toward
IY56323.  They should be able to verify in short order whether it is broken
on Windows as it was on UNIX  and take an APAR for you if needed.  Now is
the time if you want this fixed in the next FixPack, 7.1.4 FP04.   The door
will be closing on what goes into that very soon indeed.

If this seems like the long way around the barn, as they say in North
Carolina, I apologize.  But I can't put work on someone else's plate in IBM
-- but any of you can.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group