RE: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)
From: Ray.Mahon@systemdynamics.ie
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:51:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:50:44 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Colin,

That's cool.

But the issue I have is on a new install of Netview 7.1.4 for windows, if you look at the netmon.conf file for
(NMAVAILABILITY=TRUE) this does not exist.  I had to enter this statement into the conf files.  And after that restarted netview,
I then receive the below message within the netmon.trace file:

Unrecognized property, check spelling and case: NMAVAILABILITY=TRUE

I've just applied FP02 which has the below fix for UNIX.

IY56323 UNIX:     The NMAVAILABILITY=TRUE flag in netmon.conf doesn't work. Regardless of the setting
                 in netmon.conf, no available data was being created in /usr/OV/databases/availData_yyymmdd.

Has this flag been removed from the netmon.conf file within Windows platform?

Colin: what version and platform of Netview have you deployed?  Also can you check the netmon.conf file for the above flag?

Cheers
Ray

"Colin Mulkerrins" <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

14/10/2005 14:25
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)

Hi Ray,

Jane Curry had some detail on this - see the link below to the list archive...

http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/2005-06/msg00162.html

Regs

Colin M.

[nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 for Windows (NMAVAILABILITY)

Hi list,

I've just installed Netview 7.1.4 and was looking to generate the data files on availability by using (NMAVAILABILITY) within netmon.conf.

After restarting the Netview processes the below message appears within the netmon.trace files.

Unrecognized property, check spelling and case: NMAVAILABILITY=TRUE

Any body got any ideas ?

Has this been removed?

regards

Ray

the system manager.

System Dynamics
24-26 City Quay, Dublin 2

Tel +353 1 483 0300 Fax +353 1 483 0301
www.systemdynamics.ie

This e-mail and its attachments, is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any information expressed in this message or its attachments is not given or endorsed by An Post unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independently of this message. An Post does not accept responsibility for the contents of this message and although it has been scanned for viruses An Post will not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of a virus being passed on.