[nv-l] Problem with Event forwarding to TEC on Tivoli Netview 7.1.4

To: "IBM Tivoli Netview" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Problem with Event forwarding to TEC on Tivoli Netview 7.1.4
From: "Senny M" <senthil.mani@ustri.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 21:52:56 +0530
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:23:23 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi there,

I am using IBM Tivoli Netview 7.1.4 in Windows 2003 platform. Also, I enabled forwarding the Events to my TEC server using the batch file provided by Tivoli Netview (tecconfig.bat). I observed an issue with event forwarding to TEC Server from Netview server i.e. it is stopping the event forwarding process at times.  This forces me to start and run the batch file entirely to resume the event forwarding. The frequency is at least twice a day.

Did anyone come across with this issue? If so, could you please share how this was resolved?

Also is there any other way that I can sort this issue using a simple batch file running an executable instead of running the whole process of event forwarding using the batch file provided by Netview (tecconfig.bat)?

Senthil Kumar M

senthil.mani@ustri.com

GNOC
   4N Bhavani