Re: [nv-l] Problem with Event forwarding to TEC on Tivoli Netview 7.1.4

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problem with Event forwarding to TEC on Tivoli Netview 7.1.4
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:01:35 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:04:53 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
You might try editing the tecad_nv6k.conf file and commenting out the 2 lines on State Correlation Engine. Perhaps it is just me, but I have found this adapter more stable without SCE and you probably don't need it unless you are correlating NetView and ITM events.

If you do this, take a copy of the file as you will find the GUI utility that you run will overwrite your edits. As James said, you will need to use serversetup to stop and start tecad_nv6k after any edits to its configuration file.

Cheers,
Jane

Senny M wrote:

Hi there,

I am using IBM Tivoli Netview 7.1.4 in Windows 2003 platform. Also, I enabled forwarding the Events to my TEC server using the batch file provided by Tivoli Netview (tecconfig.bat). I observed an issue with event forwarding to TEC Server from Netview server i.e. it is stopping the event forwarding process at times. This forces me to start and run the batch file entirely to resume the event forwarding. The frequency is at least twice a day.

Did anyone come across with this issue? If so, could you please share how this was resolved?

Also is there any other way that I can sort this issue using a simple batch file running an executable instead of running the whole process of event forwarding using the batch file provided by Netview (tecconfig.bat)?

**Senthil Kumar M**

senthil.mani@ustri.com

*GNOC*
   4N Bhavani