Re: [nv-l] Where is the MIB for Netview internal traps ???

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Where is the MIB for Netview internal traps ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds@helices.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:39:14 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:39:58 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
James, et al. =>

* James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> [2006:01:12:12:13:50-0500] scribed:
> There is no MIB for NetView internal traps.

Does this mean that this internal trap functionality is HARD-coded into
one of the NV binaries?

Is there anyway to *modify* this internal trap functionality?

Of course, if there is a standard MIB, then I have the opportunity to
edit it, and modify functionality.

For the record, I want to _add_ information to some of these traps.  I
know that the information is available at time of trap generation; but,
it is NOT available in the traps ...

What do you think?

Thank you, for your attention to this matter.

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource