[nv-l] NT and nonsnmp

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NT and nonsnmp
From: "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:09:58 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:10:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello List,

AIX 5.2 ML6 , Netview 7.1.4 FP4

I am trying to reduce the number of nonsnmp devices. I created a smartset and have placed all nonsnmp devices in it. I've contacted the owners of the devices have reduced the number; slightly-- from 74 to 52, we are getting there.

Several of these non-snmp devices are NT servers. The NT Admin have enabled snmp, we are using the same community string but Netview still can not do an snmpwalk or get, etc. Has anyone run into this? If so, how do I fix it.

These are old servers and we may be replacing them within the next 18 months. So, should I try fixing them or just let them be. I would rather fix them but not sure what the problem is. We are talking about 10 NT servers.

If we let them stay as nonsnmp, how can I get Netview just to do a presence monitoring and not any snmp status..We would just care to know if its up or down…

Thanks

Catalina M.