[nv-l] Polling Question

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Polling Question
From: "Skokan, Paul" <Paul.Skokan@netapp.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:45:58 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:48:12 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I am fairly new to Netview and I need some advice on polling so that my
server can accomodate the # of devices I am monitoring...

I am primarly monitoring network devices (routers, switches, wireless,
etc).  The workload on the poller is heavily loaded at all times and it
is preventing me to do demand polls efficiently when troubleshooting
problems.  What is the best way to control the polling and SNMPcollect
scripts so that I can effectively monitor all devices at various levels?

Paul