Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 on Passport Advantage

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 on Passport Advantage
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:54:04 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:03:01 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hello Jane, I have talked with Passport Advantage and they say 7.1.5 is on hold. I too have it bundled. I have already downloaded all the 7.1.5 doc.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University

Jane Curry wrote:
I hear what you say, James, but even following your instructions doesn't
find a NetView download.

I bought NetView many years back and have kept up the maintenance.  At
some stage, it became part of the TEC bundle.  Now I am only seeing TEC
as a download, not NetView.  Does anyone else have a similar experience
or have a workaround?

Many thanks,
Jane

James Shanks wrote:
There is an issue if you got your NetView with TEC. The TEC package
has not been updated yet. I'm told someone is working on that.

But the manager of software downloads gave this procedure for everyone
else.

After logging into IBM's _Passport Advantage Online_
<http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/pao_customers.htm>
Web site, click *Software download & media access*, then click
*Download finder*, then select *Find by product description* and type
in *NetView*. Expand the *Tivoli Software* eAssembly, and select the
images you wish to download from that list.

HTH,

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>Jane
Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>

                        *Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>*
                        Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

                        10/27/2006 12:59 PM
                        Please respond to
                        Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] NV 7.1.5 on Passport Advantage

Did anyone manage to find this??

My Firefox browser doesn't even manage to get logged in - I just get a
constant bounce  around a redirect message.  Using a Konqueror browser,
I get logged in but there's no 7.1.5 code showing.

The code DOES seem to be available on PartnerWorld but having actually
paid for NetView and NetView maintenance, I do expect to get it from
Passport Advantage ......
Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565