Re: [NV-L] Hostname Missing

To: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>, Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Hostname Missing
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:05:59 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:08:47 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Larry,

I'm sorry but IBM will not allow me to accept problem data files from users
either directly or off the list.  You will need to open a problem to
NetView Level 2 and get them involved.  That is why they are there.  If
they cannot answer your question or resolve things for you, then it will
get routed to me.

I'm just baffled why, if you had AIX, and the new corporate standard is
SuSE, why you would switch to Windows.
 NetView 7.1.5 installs on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 32 or 64-bit
kernel on Intel.  Some of our biggest customers have it.  I'm running the
32-bit version myself in my office.

You could migrate all of your customizations from AIX to SuSE.  Unlike
Windows, all the UNIX platforms are interchangeable, with the exception of
some minor differences for Linux on OS 390.  The toughest thing about
NetView on SuSE Linux is SuSE Linux itself -- learning how to install
maintenance, figuring out what rpms you need and so.  The NetView code all
works the same way as it does on AIX or Solaris.  the code base is the
same; it's just linked with platform specific libraries.

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Tivoli NetView Discussions
             nv-l-bounces@list         <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
             s.ca.ibm.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/15/2008 02:27          Re: [NV-L] Hostname Missing
             PM

             Please respond to
                Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
              o.com>; Please
                respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

James,
It's just political.. Company has new standard as SuSe Linux.. So my battle
continues with management for deviation.. But.. You know Corporate..
Anyway.. I ran into another issue..
When i did mib2trap for CPQ-HLTH-MIB, it did generate .cds,.oid and .baroc
file. But not all classes (oid's) which are in .cds file are in .OID file.
This reason i missed a trap to forward to TEC. Please see attached .cds,
oid & Mib. Is this normal? How do I add manually in .oid file.
 OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.232. generic 6 and specific is 6027
Ex: cpqHe3PostError  Exists in .cds file but Does not in .oid file..
Thanks as usual.
Larry