RE: [NV-L] SNMP polling config file(s)

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] SNMP polling config file(s)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:55:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:54:01 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Yes, you could do it that way too. Either way something has to be ftp'd from machine to machine, either a tarred copy of the database or an export file of your own choosing. I suppose that export/import may be more elegant because you are not replacing the directory, only it's contents. But I'd still issue the event and flush the cache after the import just to be safe.

James Shanks
Tivoli Network Availability Management Level Three
Network Availability Management
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
1-919-224-1642 | T/L 687-1642 | ITN 26871642
Inactive hide details for "McGuire Larry G" <Larry.G.McGuire@irs.gov>"McGuire Larry G" <Larry.G.McGuire@irs.gov>

          "McGuire Larry G" <Larry.G.McGuire@irs.gov>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          02/17/2009 12:46 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

RE: [NV-L] SNMP polling config file(s)

shouldn't you be able to use xnmsnmpconf -export/import to accomplish this database synchronization?

Yeah. You are right. I left out the "conf" in ovsnmp.conf_db
But as Leslie said, the process I gave you is hardly worth the trouble unless you've made dramatic changes on the primary server.

Inactive hide details for "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>"Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>

                  "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>
                  Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

                  02/17/2009 11:34 AM

Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
cc
Subject

RE: [NV-L] SNMP polling config file(s)

OK,

I did not find ovsnmp_db but I did find ovsnmp.conf_db. Is this the correct directory?

Thanks,

Kevin Sperry