Re: Transcend not supported!!!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Transcend not supported!!!!
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:58:55 -0400
Hi Jennifer

The main issue at Princeton, is we are running on Solaris 2.6 platform
that Netview supports.   You cannot fudge the integration by simply
putting the mibs, fields, and oid-to-type in place.   The libraries in
Transcend are not compiled for Netview on Solaris and won't work.  Sure
you can get the icons to look like 3com stuff but nothing will launch
from them.

Also as I mentioned the Installation manual tells me only OPENVIEW and
SUNNET manager are supported NOT TIVOLI NETVIEW.

Jeff Fitzwater
Princeton University
CIT Systems & Networking