Re: netview error...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview error...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:43:08 -0400
Well, the signal 11 from ovwdb indicates that he died, and left you a core file
in /usr/OV/PD/cores/ovwdb.
Evereyone else who died did so because they depend on him.
So you need to restart the daemons again.  Since you say that you ran out of
filesystem space, it is highly likely that part of the database is messed up and
you need to call Support and get some help pursuing the problem.   But it could
also be that you have run into an ovwdb bug fixed in 5.1.1 or 5.1.2, so you also
need to get some maintenance on, pronto.  In either case, try rsetarting the
daemons again and call Support.  You need more help than can be given here.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Daniel_Casey@MAIL.JBHUNT.COM on 09/21/99 11:08:37 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>