Re: netview error...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview error...
From: Daniel_Casey@MAIL.JBHUNT.COM
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:19:02 -0500
Well, I call this in to support and they came back and
said that it appears to be a corrupt db and that my only
options are to restore from backup or rediscover.

So far, the backup option is not looking good (figures).

I'm not sure what file(s) I am to restore, but it appears
that we may have backed up bad data before a couple of
times before we noticed the problem.

How big of a deal is a rediscovery?

James, I didn't try the deleting the lines in the trapd.conf
file up to the previous EDESC.  Could this still help us
out?

I looked in the the /usr/OV/sockets directory.  By removing
the files in here as Ken suggessted, what does this do?

Thanks for everyone's help,

Daniel