Errors on netview startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Errors on netview startup
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:48:02 -0500
Hi.  This is Netview v6r0 running on AIX 4.3.2.  I am very new to Netview and
have just started seeing these errors when starting Netview from the command
line:

# netview
awk: 0602-535 Line "    root 13782 24294" cannot have more than 99 fields.
 The input line number is 9.
 The source line number is 3.
WARNING: One or more user interface applications are incorrectly parented.
     UID   PID  PPID   C    STIME    TTY  TIME CMD
    root  4780     1   0 08:58:26      -  0:00 /usr/OV/bin/collmap
kill -9  4780 collmap
awk: 0602-535 Line "    root 13782 24294" cannot have more than 99 fields.
 The input line number is 38.
 The source line number is 3.
portmap is already running
Starting Tivoli NetView daemons :
Daemon startup completed

WARNING: The following REGISTERED daemons are not running:
  tecad_ipfm

Starting user interface applications...
Thu Jun 22 09:33:36 CDT 2000
Please see /home/t022851/nv6000.log if you have startup errors.
#

Earlier I saw another error regarding awk and the number of fields.  Could
this be related to another issue regarding creating locations and having them
end up in the "user plane" with shadows?  You cannot open them up as they
complain that they do not have a child submap.  There are no other locations
with the same names.  This behavior started with the errors mentioned above,
so I'm wondering if they are related?

Also, if this is related to any of the databases kept behind the scenes, what
steps should I be taking to ensure the databases are in good shape?

Thanks for any help!

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group
I/S Network Administration